About Sunbird SACCO
Promoting a Saving Culture
Sunbird Savings and Credit Cooperative Society was registered in 1992. Originally, membership was drawn only from Sunbird Tourism Limited, but it opened up its common bond to recruit members from all sectors of Malawi. Sunbird SACCO is licensed and regulated by the Reserve Bank of Malawi (which is the SACCO Regulatory Authority in Malawi), and is affilitated to Malawi Union of Savings and Credit Coorperatives, MUSCCO, as the apex body.
To be a preferred financial cooperative in Malawi, enhancing the socio-economic well-being of its members.
Sunbird SACCO exists to promote a saving culture among its members through savings mobilization and the provision of affordable and flexible financial products and services through a dedicated and well trained workforce with a view to maximising shareholders' returns.
- Accountability and transparency
- Adherence to cooperative and finance best practices
- Equity, fairness, timely and equality in the delivery of services and treatment of members
- Committed to positive and excellent results
- Excellent customer care
- Good governance
- Non-discriminatory services